This guide is designed to help people who may not be familiar with saved searches, notifications, and announcements on the USAJOBS website. It contains detailed information intended to walk you through some of the processes mentioned above. USAJOBS is the United States government’s official job-listing website.
Save Search Using Notifications
- Type in the desired keywords. Keywords can include job title, occupation, and agency. Then, enter your desired location. Your search results should appear on the next screen.
- After clicking on your desired job, view the options listed in the top left corner of your screen. Here, you can save your search criteria. By doing so, you’ll be notified at a frequency of your preference to learn more about new job opportunities matching your chosen criteria.
Saving a Job Announcement
To save a job announcement, click on the yellow star posted next to “Save Job.”
To Save a Job Search and Signup for Email Notifications:
If you are stuck and are unable to save a job search or sign up for email notifications, click this link.
Managing Saved Jobs in Your Profile
You can save up to 25 job announcements. You are also able to sort through all of your saved jobs in your profile. You can also sort through your saved jobs using four different filters: saved date, agency, closing date, and job title.
What If the Saved Job Disappeared From My List?
- The agency that announced the job in question might have closed the listing before the final posted closing date.
- If you have already applied before the listing closed, the job will be moved from your saved job list to your active applications list.
- The agency may have canceled the job announcement.
Interested in joining the DME Interns team? Click here to find out more and sign up to be notified when applications open!